Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Xdream Xdream is offline

Default Help with a few Merge Issues

I am new at mail merge and I am stuck on a couple of issues, I am
creating a form that will be printed out and has custom items that a
user can select to have shipped free to them.

1) how can I add a symbol (in this case a check box) before the mail
merge data, but if the field is empty not show the symbol

2) how can I add a soft return after a field but only if it exists, so
there is no space if there is no data in the field

3) as I have 16,000 records in 4 databases this is a big one for me, I
have 41 columns and 41 products (Each product isnt named, its
represented by a number, but they dont always have product one in
column 1, product 2 in column 2... Some have product 6 in column 2
and product 7 in column 3 there are a ton of different formats. Some
people get all 41 some people get less. So can I :

a) is there a way to format the excel file that will move the 2's
under the 2 column, the 3's under the 3 column etc...?

b) Is there a way to tell mail merge that when it encounters a 1 in a
field to post product name 1, if it finds 2 post product name 2 etc...

Any Help at all would be most appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Where has this been lurking for the couple of weeks. I am sure that you
have reposted this question (albeit phrased somewhat differently) as I
distinctly recall the 41 fields part.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Xdream" wrote in message
[...]

Mail Merge Issues [email protected][_2_] Microsoft Word Help 3 April 2nd 09 06:35 PM
Mail merge issues! EalingBemused Mailmerge 1 October 7th 08 08:33 PM
Mail merge issues Kat Mailmerge 4 June 20th 08 07:02 AM
Mail Merge Issues whitnco25 Microsoft Word Help 1 June 9th 08 03:17 PM
Merge Issues DL Mailmerge 2 October 21st 05 08:45 PM