Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
OfficePeterson OfficePeterson is offline

Default mail merge directory

I am importing a table from Word 2007 into a Word 2007 directory (Name of
company, renewal date, phone number,etc) . I have been able to do this for
the last year and a half. Just switched to Vista ultimate and it doesn't seem
to let me do this for some reason. Upon browsing for the data source and
choosing the 'ClientDatabase.docx', a prompt appears asking me to now insert
header record delimiters. I have tried to choose (random) options because I
don't know what they want. It never works and there is no option in the
original word table to add 'header record delimiters'. I don't even know
what that is! My table doc has a header row with the labels for the columns.
Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Try opening ClientDatabase.docx and save it in Word 97-2003 format and see
if you can use that.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"OfficePeterson" wrote in message
I am importing a table from Word 2007 into a Word 2007 directory (Name of
company, renewal date, phone number,etc) . I have been able to do this
for
the last year and a half. Just switched to Vista ultimate and it doesn't
seem
to let me do this for some reason. Upon browsing for the data source and
choosing the 'ClientDatabase.docx', a prompt appears asking me to now
insert
header record delimiters. I have tried to choose (random) options because
don't know what they want. It never works and there is no option in the
original word table to add 'header record delimiters'. I don't even know
what that is! My table doc has a header row with the labels for the
columns.
Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It sounds like the table in the document may be corrupt. Try selecting the
table and then use Convert Table to Text and the convert it back to a table
again and see if that resolves the issue.