Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Victor Delta[_2_] Victor Delta[_2_] is offline

Default Word XP first save visual effect

In Word XP/2002, when saving a file for the first time, I get a square
outline which reduces in size from the Word window size to the central
bottom of the window. It is irritating and subsequent saves do not do it. My
other version of Word (2003) doesn't do it.

Is there a way to turn it off please?

TIA