Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan De Stoop Stan De Stoop is offline

Default Can i do this with the find and replace function?

Dear members,

I have a big list of telephone numbers in Word 2007 in this form (xx.xx.xx),
but i still have to add the zone numbers. They are all similar (056).

Now, my question is:
How can i add the zone number 056 to all of my telephone numbers at once?
I taught i could do it with the find and replace function, but i don't
really know how.

I hope that somoene can help me,
I would be very pleased.

Thanks,
Stan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can search for
[0-9 ]{6,}
(note the space after the 9!)
replace with
056 ^&
with the wildcard option set.
If your local list separator character is ; change the find string to
[0-9 ]{6;}

Stan De Stoop wrote:
Dear members,

I have a big list of telephone numbers in Word 2007 in this form
(xx.xx.xx), but i still have to add the zone numbers. They are all
similar (056).
Now, my question is:
How can i add the zone number 056 to all of my telephone numbers at
once? I taught i could do it with the find and replace function, but i
don't
really know how.

I hope that somoene can help me,
I would be very pleased.

Thanks,
Stan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Would that wildcard handle the periods between the numbers? Without
wildcards you could equally well search for:

^#^#.^#^#.^#^#

and replace with

056 ^&

http://word.mvps.org

Stan De Stoop wrote:
Dear members,

I have a big list of telephone numbers in Word 2007 in this form
(xx.xx.xx), but i still have to add the zone numbers. They are all
similar (056).
Now, my question is:
How can i add the zone number 056 to all of my telephone numbers at
once? I taught i could do it with the find and replace function, but i
don't
really know how.

I hope that somoene can help me,
I would be very pleased.

Thanks,
Stan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan De Stoop Stan De Stoop is offline

At first, thanks for your reply!

But,
if i use [0-9 ]{6.}
and 056 ^&
in the find and replace function,
then word tells that what i've entered, isn't valid.

These are some of my telephone numbers without the zone number:
56.42.32
48.35.12
17.97.84
13.65.49
45.68.32
84.31.28

Do you have an idea of what i did wrong?

Thanks,
Stan

"Graham Mayor" schreef in bericht

Stan De Stoop wrote:
Dear members,

I have a big list of telephone numbers in Word 2007 in this form
(xx.xx.xx), but i still have to add the zone numbers. They are all
similar (056).
Now, my question is:
How can i add the zone number 056 to all of my telephone numbers at
once? I taught i could do it with the find and replace function, but i
don't
really know how.

I hope that somoene can help me,
I would be very pleased.

Thanks,
Stan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan De Stoop Stan De Stoop is offline

This works fine,
thanks a lot!

Stan

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" schreef in bericht

Stan De Stoop wrote:
Dear members,

I have a big list of telephone numbers in Word 2007 in this form
(xx.xx.xx), but i still have to add the zone numbers. They are all
similar (056).
Now, my question is:
How can i add the zone number 056 to all of my telephone numbers at
once? I taught i could do it with the find and replace function, but i
don't
really know how.

I hope that somoene can help me,
I would be very pleased.

Thanks,
Stan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

My eyesight is not what it was. I saw the separators between the numbers as
spaces.
Change the search pattern to
[0-9.]{8}
to find the numbers you have listed
^& is the found string so add whatever you need to the start of that eg
056 ^&