Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kevin Boudry Kevin Boudry is offline

Default Entering double point while writing french text.

Dear members,

When I'm typing a french text and I put in a double point, it automatically
makes a space and then it puts the double point.

How do I turn that option off?

Much thanks,
Kevin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

By "double point" I assume you mean a colon. As long as you have French as
the language assigned to the text, Word will automatically do this, as that
is the correct typographical style for French. You will also get guillemets
instead of English-style quotation marks and some other automatic
punctuation.

http://word.mvps.org