Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mike Mike is offline

Default Word 2007 - Creating Forms Text Box Format Problem

I've created a text box in a form, input some default text to the desired
size. The form works fine, except the new text input by the user is different
size (tiny). I've gone to Developer Tab...Legacy Tools..Legacy Forms, Text
Form Field. Even if you place the curser in between the default text, the new
text is not the same. Any idea's?
--
Regards Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you are using legacy form fields, unprotect the form, format the
formfield(s) as you wish. Then re-protect the form.
The default text and any input text will adopt that format.

Mike wrote:
I've created a text box in a form, input some default text to the
desired size. The form works fine, except the new text input by the
user is different size (tiny). I've gone to Developer Tab...Legacy
Tools..Legacy Forms, Text Form Field. Even if you place the curser in
between the default text, the new text is not the same. Any idea's?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mike Mike is offline

Thanks Graham, that's exactly what I've been doing, but for some reason, it
just wont have it.
--
Regards Mike

Mike wrote:
I've created a text box in a form, input some default text to the
desired size. The form works fine, except the new text input by the
user is different size (tiny). I've gone to Developer Tab...Legacy
Tools..Legacy Forms, Text Form Field. Even if you place the curser in
between the default text, the new text is not the same. Any idea's?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See if http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828501/en-us ("Incorrect font is
applied after a style is applied to a form field in Word 2007 or in Word
2003") helps.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Mike wrote:
I've created a text box in a form, input some default text to the
desired size. The form works fine, except the new text input by the
user is different size (tiny). I've gone to Developer Tab...Legacy
Tools..Legacy Forms, Text Form Field. Even if you place the curser in
between the default text, the new text is not the same. Any idea's?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mike Mike is offline

Thank you Graham and Stefan,

Unfortunatly its much simpler than that, I had not unchecked the 'Formatting
restrictions'...'Limit Formatting ' check box. Thanks again for responding so
quickly, I feel somewhat a fool!
--
Regards Mike

Mike wrote:
I've created a text box in a form, input some default text to the
desired size. The form works fine, except the new text input by the
user is different size (tiny). I've gone to Developer Tab...Legacy
Tools..Legacy Forms, Text Form Field. Even if you place the curser in
between the default text, the new text is not the same. Any idea's?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I'm glad you got it sorted, and thank you for the follow-up.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP