Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
shank shank is offline

Default unprotect Word doc

How can I unprotect a password protected WORD 2007 doc?

I need to edit and I will never find the author. I can't even select to
cut-n-paste into a new doc.

thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TedMi[_2_] TedMi[_2_] is offline

You might do a Google search of "Unprotect Word Doc" to find services that
will do this - for a fee.
-TedMi

"shank" wrote in message
How can I unprotect a password protected WORD 2007 doc?

I need to edit and I will never find the author. I can't even select to
cut-n-paste into a new doc.

thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Can you open the document? If the document is read-only protected, save the
document with a different name and remove the password from the Tools
General menu from the Word 2007 save as dialog
See also http://www.gmayor.com/Remove_Password.htm

shank wrote:
How can I unprotect a password protected WORD 2007 doc?

I need to edit and I will never find the author. I can't even select
to cut-n-paste into a new doc.

thanks!

Word 2007 How do I unprotect doc KM Microsoft Word Help 1 November 8th 07 05:00 PM
unprotect word doc Bob Parr Mailmerge 0 October 7th 05 10:17 PM
Unprotect Word Document Formatting Long Documents 1 May 3rd 05 11:47 PM
How do I unprotect a document if I can't press the unprotect butt. ogrundmann Microsoft Word Help 4 February 15th 05 09:31 AM
unprotect document option is grayed out - cannot unprotect? Jon R Microsoft Word Help 2 February 11th 05 10:46 AM