Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
akkrug akkrug is offline

Default Automatically Update a Table of Contents

I have added a button to a template to update the table of contents when it
is pressed. My boss asked me if there was a way to automatically update the
template so the user didn't have to do anything. Please let me know if this
can be done (i.e. automatically run the macro).

As always, thanks for the help!!

Ken K.
--
akkrug
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Place the following auto macro in the Normal template for each user:

Sub AutoOpen()
Dim toc As TableOfContents
For Each toc In ActiveDocument.TablesOfContents
toc.Update
Next toc
End Sub

See also http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.