Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
j lunis j lunis is offline

Default opening a document

I'm not a REAL new user, but still learning.
Word 2000 / Vista Home Premium 32

My problem is I can't get Word to stay open. That is, if I try to open
an existing document, Word opens for less than a second and then closes.
If I open Word to start a new document, it stays open for 2-3 seconds
and closes. I have tried to look up a solution but I apparently don't
know the right key words. How do I get Word to open and STAY open?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See if the following KB article applies:

OFF2000: Program Quits Immediately After Starting When SR-1/SR-1a Update Is
Applied
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/255503/en-us

If it doesn't, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm for general