Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
davidrafky davidrafky is offline

Default Importing PDF files into word

I want to import short PDF files into Word just like I import pictures.
I realize that I cannot edit the PDF files; I just want the reader
to see them. For example, sometimes I want to include a short newspaper
article procuced as a PDF so my reader can view it within the Word document.

I am using XP with an older version of Word (I think it is Word 97).

Thanx in advance.
Dave Rafky
Miami, FL

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Provided the PDF is less than 1 page long and you have at least version 7 of
Adobe Reader installed, you can insert a PDF file as an object in Word. It
does however tend to make rather large document files. Insert Object
Create From File. It's been a while, but I think this should work in Word
97.

davidrafky wrote:
I want to import short PDF files into Word just like I import
pictures. I realize that I cannot edit the PDF files; I just want the
reader
to see them. For example, sometimes I want to include a short
newspaper article procuced as a PDF so my reader can view it within
the Word document.
I am using XP with an older version of Word (I think it is Word 97).

Thanx in advance.
Dave Rafky
Miami, FL

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

If it's short, have you tried a screenshot?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"davidrafky" wrote in message
I want to import short PDF files into Word just like I import pictures.
I realize that I cannot edit the PDF files; I just want the reader
to see them. For example, sometimes I want to include a short newspaper
article procuced as a PDF so my reader can view it within the Word
document.

I am using XP with an older version of Word (I think it is Word 97).

Thanx in advance.
Dave Rafky
Miami, FL

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

As far as I'm aware assuming protected pdfs, you can only make them into
pictures and paste them in. I saw a utility for this many moons ago.

Be aware though, that by doing this, you are going to stop anyone with a
screenreader, like wot I use, from reading any of the pasted content.

If unprotected pdfs, then convert to text, format the result to how you want
it nd use that in your file.

Brian

Email:

"davidrafky" wrote in message
I want to import short PDF files into Word just like I import pictures.
I realize that I cannot edit the PDF files; I just want the reader
to see them. For example, sometimes I want to include a short newspaper
article procuced as a PDF so my reader can view it within the Word
document.

I am using XP with an older version of Word (I think it is Word 97).

Thanx in advance.
Dave Rafky
Miami, FL

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

I think this is where accessibility dies. Best to convert to text.

Brian

Email:

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Provided the PDF is less than 1 page long and you have at least version 7
of Adobe Reader installed, you can insert a PDF file as an object in Word.
It does however tend to make rather large document files. Insert Object
Create From File. It's been a while, but I think this should work in

Word 97.

My web site
www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

davidrafky wrote:
I want to import short PDF files into Word just like I import
pictures. I realize that I cannot edit the PDF files; I just want the
reader
to see them. For example, sometimes I want to include a short
newspaper article procuced as a PDF so my reader can view it within
the Word document.
I am using XP with an older version of Word (I think it is Word 97).

Thanx in advance.
Dave Rafky
Miami, FL

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Josh Gagnon[_2_] Josh Gagnon[_2_] is offline

I think what you are looking for is a PDF to word converter like deskUNPDF
from Docudesk.

I got mine here.

http://www.docudesk.com/deskUNPDF-PR...ter.shtml?id=1