Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DP DP is offline

Default QAT

When I used 2003 I deleted 'save' and only used 'save as' as a precaution
against overwriting. Just started using Word 2007. Can the button 'Save As'
be added to QAT? TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Right-click the QAT and choose Customize Quick Access Toolbar from the
context menu. In the "All Commands" category, locate Save As and click the
Add button to move it to the QAT. Click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"dp" wrote in message
When I used 2003 I deleted 'save' and only used 'save as' as a precaution
against overwriting. Just started using Word 2007. Can the button 'Save
As'
be added to QAT? TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Or, as I'm constantly being reminded, on the Office Button menu, right-click
Save As and choose Add to Quick Access Toolbar. And of course the Save
button can be removed by right-clicking it on the QAT and choosing Remove
from Quick Access Toolbar.

http://word.mvps.org

"dp" wrote in message
When I used 2003 I deleted 'save' and only used 'save as' as a precaution
against overwriting. Just started using Word 2007. Can the button 'Save
As'
be added to QAT? TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You will only have this partricular problem of accidental overwriting if you
adopt the sloppy practice of using old documents as the basis for new ones.
Save the old document as a template and create new documents from it. The
new documents are unnnamed and the first save will give you the save as
dialog.

dp wrote:
When I used 2003 I deleted 'save' and only used 'save as' as a
precaution against overwriting. Just started using Word 2007. Can
the button 'Save As' be added to QAT? TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DP DP is offline

Wow - Little did I realize the how much I could learn from my simple
question. I still think MS should share their profits with you gals/guys.

dp wrote:
When I used 2003 I deleted 'save' and only used 'save as' as a
precaution against overwriting. Just started using Word 2007. Can
the button 'Save As' be added to QAT? TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Good point.

I constantly overlook that possibility. :-(

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"dp" wrote in message
When I used 2003 I deleted 'save' and only used 'save as' as a
precaution
against overwriting. Just started using Word 2007. Can the button
'Save
As'
be added to QAT? TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

For some reason, I'm perfectly aware that you can add a *gallery* to the QAT
(a feature that I haven't yet found useful), but I keep going into the Word
Options dialog box looking for "single" commands that I want to add to the
QAT.