Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DaveF[_2_] DaveF[_2_] is offline

Default Spellcheck wants to check in German rather than English

My spellchecker is not working.

When I attempt to invoke it manually it gives me a message about the German
dictionary not being available.

Obvious misspellings in English are not being highlighted.

I did spell check some documents in German a few years ago but the current
document wit the misspellings is in English.

How can I associate this document with an English dictionary?

I am using Word 2003/SP3.

Thanks
Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

SelectAll (Ctrl+A) and then Tools, Language, Set language, clear the
checkboxes at the bottom of the dialog and then select your default language
and press DEFAULT. Save changes to the global template when you close Word.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"DaveF" wrote in message
My spellchecker is not working.

When I attempt to invoke it manually it gives me a message about the
German dictionary not being available.

Obvious misspellings in English are not being highlighted.

I did spell check some documents in German a few years ago but the current
document wit the misspellings is in English.

How can I associate this document with an English dictionary?

I am using Word 2003/SP3.

Thanks
Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers