Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
moon moon is offline

Default Headers and Footers

Hi,

I am using Microsoft Office 2007. I have a 31-page document, and I would
like to have the first page with the page number 1 and the header with page
numbers 2 through 31 start on the second page. How do I do this? Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DeanH DeanH is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm for details
on how to do different Headers and Footers, etc. in one document.

Hope this helps
DeanH

"moon" wrote:

Hi,

I am using Microsoft Office 2007. I have a 31-page document, and I would
like to have the first page with the page number 1 and the header with page
numbers 2 through 31 start on the second page. How do I do this? Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

On the Header & Footer Tools Design tab, check the box for "Different First
Page." This will give you a separate First Page Header that you can leave
empty. Then insert your page number in the Header, which will start on the
second page, with page number 2.

http://word.mvps.org

"moon" wrote in message
Hi,

I am using Microsoft Office 2007. I have a 31-page document, and I would
like to have the first page with the page number 1 and the header with
page
numbers 2 through 31 start on the second page. How do I do this? Thank
you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
moon moon is offline

Thank you for your help, DeanH and Suzanne. I tried Suzanne's suggestion
since it pertained to Word 2007 specifically (while DeanH's listing was for
Word 2004 and earlier). Suzanne, your steps worked perfectly. Again, I thank
you both for your time and help.