Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
april09 via OfficeKB.com april09 via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Is office 2007 not compatible with window xp?

Ever since I installed window XP on my netbook, it fails to power off. So I
guess there is something wrong with my installation. Last night, I
uninstalled office 2007 and installed office 2003. Amazingly, I found my
netbook power off normally. So weird. Is office 2007 not compatible with
window xp?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The ability of your laptop to power off or hibernate has nothing to do with
Office, but the settings of the laptop and Windows to respond to events,
such as closing the lid.

Office 2007 and 2003 will both work happily under Windows XP - even
together!

april09 via OfficeKB.com wrote:
Ever since I installed window XP on my netbook, it fails to power
off. So I guess there is something wrong with my installation. Last
night, I uninstalled office 2007 and installed office 2003.
Amazingly, I found my netbook power off normally. So weird. Is office
2007 not compatible with window xp?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Definitely not!

--