Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sun City Cal Sun City Cal is offline

Default Combine several documents

I have composed a 4 page newsletter with different formatting, pictures,
fonts, colors, etc. using Word 2007. I saved each separately. Now how do I
combine them into one document to save in .PDF format. Each time I try to
"copy and paste", or "insert file", I lose the formatting of both pages.
Please tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Since you're converting to PDF anyway, you're probably better converting
each page to a separate PDF, then using Acrobat to combine them.

http://word.mvps.org

"Sun City Cal" wrote in message
I have composed a 4 page newsletter with different formatting, pictures,
fonts, colors, etc. using Word 2007. I saved each separately. Now how
do I
combine them into one document to save in .PDF format. Each time I try to
"copy and paste", or "insert file", I lose the formatting of both pages.
Please tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Janet A. Thompson Janet A. Thompson is offline

In Word, you need a next page section break if you have a different layout or
orintation in the next page. Then you have to cancel the Same as Previous.

A workaround might be to turn each page into a pdf. If a pdf is your
ultimate goal and you have Acrobat Pro, simply convert each page, or if you
have a more recent version, like version 8 or 9, you can right click and
combine. The dialogue box will let you order your pages before turning it
into one pdf.
--
Janet A.