Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bill Wyman Bill Wyman is offline

Default How to emulate Footer with table

I'm using a third party software (Oracle's BI Publisher) that allows me to
consume XML and generate forms using designed Templates in Word. It can make
use of the native header/footer in Word to handle pagination nicely however
some of the functions I need to use cannot be used within a Word footer.

Is there a way to duplicate the properties of a footer on a table?

For example, the table would need to anchor to the bottom of the page, not
move with the text above and print on every sheet.

My document currently consists of 2 seperate tables... the body content and
the "footer". I noticed that there is a table property under "Positioning"
that allows me to set the vertical position to "bottom" (and in addition, I
can uncheck the "move with text" option) but all of the options (top, bottom,
etc) are greyed out.???

Any suggestions on how I can accomplish this without making this piece an
official Word footer?