Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Nicola C Nicola C is offline

Default crazy changes in Word 2000

I know I'm using a really old version, but it's the one my employers
installed on my computer. Everything was working ifne, but some things are
going crazy.

I could finish typing a paragraph, hit enter to start the next one, and the
font and size reverts back to the default (which I'm unable to change
permanently due to users' security being limited).

Also, I opened up a document I'd been working on, and anything that was on
the top line of the page has moved in an inch. The tabs are all exactly the
same as they were before, and haven't been touched. It doesn't matter if
it's a heading, or just part way through a sentence - every page has been
affected and I can't get it back to the way it was.

Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

For the first problem, check Tools | Options | General and make sure that
neither of the WordPerfect options is checked. Alternatively, if you're
typing a heading using one of the built-in heading styles (on purpose or
inadvertently because Word has AutoFormatted your paragraph as a heading),
then the "Style for following paragraph" is Normal.

For the second, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...lyIndented.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"Nicola C" Nicola wrote in message
I know I'm using a really old version, but it's the one my employers
installed on my computer. Everything was working ifne, but some things
are
going crazy.

I could finish typing a paragraph, hit enter to start the next one, and
the
font and size reverts back to the default (which I'm unable to change
permanently due to users' security being limited).

Also, I opened up a document I'd been working on, and anything that was on
the top line of the page has moved in an inch. The tabs are all exactly
the
same as they were before, and haven't been touched. It doesn't matter if
it's a heading, or just part way through a sentence - every page has been
affected and I can't get it back to the way it was.

Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I don't know precisely what causes the formatting to change between
paragraphs, but it could be a damaged Normal.dot template or a
misbehaving add-in. If you're denied access to change defaults, it's
doubtful you'll have the ability to fix this either, but see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm and
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541 for troubleshooting procedures.
The indented top line is most likely the leftover frame from a deleted
page number. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...lyIndented.htm for the
solution to that.

--