Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Adding a page break to a Word doc with an Excel spreadsheet linked

I've linked an Excel Spreadsheet into a Word doc but the Excel doc, a page
long, remains on the second page and will not page break in the Word
document. I've added page breaks to the Excel doc but with no luck. Any
suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Excel Worksheets are effectively single graphical objects as far as Word is
concerned when it comes to page / document layout and they cannot break
across pages. If they are too big to fit on the current page they will be
moved to the start of the next page. The structural content of them is
beyond Word's reach.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"G" wrote in message
I've linked an Excel Spreadsheet into a Word doc but the Excel doc, a page
long, remains on the second page and will not page break in the Word
document. I've added page breaks to the Excel doc but with no luck. Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier

An Excel Spreadsheet embedded inside of Word is an Object. Word will
treat it the same as though it was a graphic and keep it all on one
page, and hide the portions which don't fit.

However, if you open it, select all the information stored inside it,
copy, click into your Word document and Paste, Word will convert it to
a Word Table.

Another alternative will be to have more than one embedded object each
showing a different "page" worth of information.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies and
questions to the newsgroup so that others can learn as well.

"G" wrote in message
I've linked an Excel Spreadsheet into a Word doc but the Excel doc,
a page
long, remains on the second page and will not page break in the Word
document. I've added page breaks to the Excel doc but with no luck.
Any
suggestions?

eric_syd eric_syd is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Crosier View Post

"G" wrote in message
I've linked an Excel Spreadsheet into a Word doc but the Excel doc,
a page
long, remains on the second page and will not page break in the Word
document. I've added page breaks to the Excel doc but with no luck.
Any
suggestions?
I'm new here. Sorry to revive an old thread.
I have done what is suggested (split object to copy in multiple parts).
It works well.
My target Word document has 2 sections (different headers/ footers etc...) and
I need to copy some parts in Section 1, some in section 2.
How can I position the cursor in the second section of the word document to paste the second part of the text/ object ?

Thanks

Eric

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
page number positioning and format tinaa Page Layout 3 February 4th 06 12:38 AM
Hebrew Suggestions Dannyza Microsoft Word Help 2 November 21st 05 06:12 AM
Excel worksheet in Word linked text boxes Eduardo Oliveira Page Layout 0 January 5th 05 11:23 PM
Excel Link: Adding rows in Excel does not add cells in Word Jameslp Tables 2 December 9th 04 07:18 PM