Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JP JP is offline

Default Can't seem to turn off hanging indent on a numbered style in Word

In Word 2007, I can't seem to remove the hanging indent on a numbered style.
I can change it in the paragraph settings of the text, but every time the
style or the numbering is reapplied (such as selecting Restart numbering),
the hanging indents return.

When I look at the text in the modify style dialog, I can see:
....Numbering Style: A, B, C, €¦ + Start at: 1 + Alignment: Left + Aligned at:
0" + Indent at: 0.25...

I want it to change as follows, but there is no access to the configuration
from the any of the available dialogs.
....Numbering Style: A, B, C, €¦ + Start at: 1 + Alignment: Left + Aligned at:
0" + Tab after: 0.25" + Indent at: 0"...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Click the auto number (to select it) and then right-click; from the context
menu, choose Adjust List Indents. In the Adjust List Indents dialog box,
make sure that "Text indent" is set to the same value as "Number position";
you may also want to choose "Space" for "Follow number with." When you are
done, click OK. Word will probably ask if you want to update the paragraph
style.
Choose to do so.

If this is multilevel numbering, the Adjust List Indents command will
display the multilevel list dialog box; click the More button to see all
options for indentation.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP