Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Onemind Onemind is offline

Default I can't back space more than one character or repeat a character,

I was prompted while filing out a form to have duplicate key strokes stopped.
I made the mistke of accepting and now I can't type any dupe characters
without difficulty (must pause momentarilly) and I can't back space without
the same pause. I also cannot find how to disable the thing. This happens in
all typing situations, including here.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You've probably enabled FilterKeys, one of the Accessibility Options. You
can turn it off in Windows Control Panel and at the same time disable the
shortcut key that you pressed to enable it.

http://word.mvps.org