Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
vbaexperimenter vbaexperimenter is offline

Default Research Pane Opening when Word is launched

I'm wondering if there is a way to prevent the researche pane from opening
when word is launched? I have looked at several setting and searched several
sites, but am unable to find the answer. Please let me know.

Maria
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I haven't heard of this happening. If you hold the Alt key and click on
something in Word, that generally opens the Research pane. Could there be
something peculiar in how you're opening Word?

Does it happen all the time? For example, does it happen when you
double-click a document? Or does it happen only when you use a shortcut to
open Word? Or, are you using a keyboard shortcut to start Word?

Does it happen if you start Word in safe mode? Hold the ctrl key when
starting Word, then click Yes to prompt about starting in safe mode.

It would help to know what version of Word and Windows you are using.

--

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"vbaexperimenter" wrote in