Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
krisgreg96 krisgreg96 is offline

Default print list of my word documents

my os is vista....i want to print a list of my word documents....can't figure
out how to do this....appreciate help!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See the article "Insert into a document the names of all files in a selected
folder€¯ at:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...tFileNames.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"krisgreg96" wrote in message
my os is vista....i want to print a list of my word documents....can't
figure
out how to do this....appreciate help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
marysully marysully is offline

A quick way to do it would be to open Window's Explorer to view the files you
want to print. Hit the Print screen key. Open word and paste the contents.
You will get a picture of the files. You may have to enlarge it to view the
files, and you may also have to do another print screen to get a picture of
all the files. Wish I knew an easier way! Good luck with it!

"krisgreg96" wrote:

my os is vista....i want to print a list of my word documents....can't figure
out how to do this....appreciate help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus[_2_] Opinicus[_2_] is offline

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 13:15:01 -0800, krisgreg96
wrote:

my os is vista....i want to print a list of my word documents....can't figure
out how to do this....appreciate help!!

A. If your documents are all located in one folder:

1. Open a command prompt in the folder where your documents are
located. 2. Type "dir /b dir.txt" omitting the "".
3. Open dir.txt with Word.
4. Print it.

B. If your documents are in a folder called (say) "2010" that contains
subfolders:

1. Open a command prompt in the folder immediately above 2010.
2. Type "dir *.* /b /s 2010.txt" omitting the "".
3. Open 2010.txt with Word.
4. Print it.

C. If your documents are in several folders that contain subfolders:

1. Open a command prompt in their common top folder.
2. Type "dir *.* /b /s dirall.txt" omitting the "".
3. Open dirall.txt with Word.
4. Print it.

D. To see what other magic you can do with a command prompt and dir:

1. Open a command prompt somewhere.
2. Type "dir /? dirhelp.txt" omitting the "".
3. Open dirhelp.txt with Word.
4. Read, print, and save it for future reference.

E. Remember this lore and pass it on when the time comes.

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com