Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wim[_2_] Wim[_2_] is offline

Default resize picture in Word using VBA

I am writing a usermanual with many screencaptures. I insert them as device independant bitmap.
Every screencapture needs to be resized to a standard width, needs to get a blue line around it and needs to get centered on the page.
doing this by hand is very tedious :-(
This calls for a VBA macro. The macro recorder however does not record any of the steps.
I have the impression the picture is not properly recognized.
Can anyone help me create a macro for this recurring headache?
thanks in advance.
-- wim --

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...docmanagement/
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

It doesn't really need a macro.

Create a one-cell table, and set the width of that cell to the width you
want for the screenshots.

Click Table AutoFit Fixed Column Width (or in Word 2007, find this on
the AutoFit button in the Table Tools ribbon).

Click Table Table Properties (or in Word 2007, the Properties button in
the Table Tools ribbon). In that dialog, click the Borders & Shading button
and format the table cell's borders as blue, with the desired line
thickness. Then click the Options button and set all four cell margins to
the same value (the distance from the image to the borders). Finally, click
the Center button to center the table horizontally between the text margins.

Save the table as an AutoText or AutoCorrect entry. When you need to insert
a screenshot, first insert the table from AutoText or AutoCorrect, and then
paste the screenshot into the table cell. Because of the fixed column width,
the image will be automatically resized to that width.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman