Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
blue blue is offline

Default How do I number captions by chapter based on heading levels?

I can only number captions including chapter number if I select
heading 1. If I select other heading levels I cannot make it work properly.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Em Em is offline

Are you using a trial version? Trial versions limit your tools until you
purchase the software.

Which version of Word are you on?

"Blue" wrote:

I can only number captions including chapter number if I select
heading 1. If I select other heading levels I cannot make it work properly.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is absolutely untrue! The trial version is a full-featured,
time-limited version.

http://word.mvps.org

"Blue" wrote:

I can only number captions including chapter number if I select
heading 1. If I select other heading levels I cannot make it work
properly.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you using a built-in heading style, and is it the one that is auto
numbered with the chapter number? See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/ChapterNumber.htm

http://word.mvps.org