Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Winnie Winnie is offline

Default tab formatting on ruler

When creating a document and I set my margins and tab the stylus (or whatever
that pointer thing is called) lines up perfectly with the marks on the ruler.
After saving document and then I go back to edit the document, when I try to
move the stylus, it does not line up with the mark. It is either a little
before the number of a little after.

If I hold down the Alt key and move the stylus it moves in small increments
and I can line it up.

Any idea why this does this and how I can fix it. It is very time consuming
to have to do this.

Thank.s