Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Candy Candy is offline

Default How to Reveal Hidden Formatting Codes?

I want to copy and paste something I've written in Word. When I do this on
facebook, there is always a TON of hidden formatting codes that appear at the
beginning of the stuff when it is pasted in facebook. Is there ANY WAY to
reveal this stuff in Word BEFORE I cut and paste so what I cut and paste does
not take up space when character count is at a premium?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Sounds like you are pasting a format that cannot be dealt with. Have you
considered writing your posts in plain text format (for example in NotePad)
instead?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Candy" wrote in message
I want to copy and paste something I've written in Word. When I do this on
facebook, there is always a TON of hidden formatting codes that appear at
the
beginning of the stuff when it is pasted in facebook. Is there ANY WAY to
reveal this stuff in Word BEFORE I cut and paste so what I cut and paste
does
not take up space when character count is at a premium?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fumei2 via OfficeKB.com Fumei2 via OfficeKB.com is offline

I am afraid that is the nature of the beast (Word), and there is no way
around it.

Yup, use a plain-text editor like Notepad. OR...make a temporary plain-text
file in Word, and then copy from that. The only problem with that of course
is you now have an "extra" file.