Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lukepw lukepw is offline

Default Copy paste a table column into another table

Hello,

Using Word 2007.

I have two identical documents, one in English and the other in Spanish.
I have a table that contain 4 columns and rows.
I want to copy the last three columns from my ENG to my SPA. When I try to
do this, I paste over the 3 selected columns in my SPA and all hell breaks
loose. There is no paste special.

A suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Luke
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What happens, exactly?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"lukepw" wrote:

Hello,

Using Word 2007.

I have two identical documents, one in English and the other in Spanish.
I have a table that contain 4 columns and rows.
I want to copy the last three columns from my ENG to my SPA. When I try to
do this, I paste over the 3 selected columns in my SPA and all hell breaks
loose. There is no paste special.

A suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Luke

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What happens, exactly?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"lukepw" wrote:

Hello,

Using Word 2007.

I have two identical documents, one in English and the other in Spanish.
I have a table that contain 4 columns and rows.
I want to copy the last three columns from my ENG to my SPA. When I try to
do this, I paste over the 3 selected columns in my SPA and all hell breaks
loose. There is no paste special.

A suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Luke

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Do you want to replace 3 SPA cols. with the ENG cols., or do you want
the ENG cols. added to the right or left of the SPA cols.?

If you simply want to replace the columns, select the ENG cols., copy,
select the SPA cols., and paste should work.

If you want to add the cols. and not replace them, then select just
one SPA col.

What do you mean, "There is no Paste Special"? It's in the arrow below
the big Paste icon at the left end of the Home tab.

On Apr 29, 9:17*am, lukepw wrote:
Hello,

Using Word 2007.

I have two identical documents, one in English and the other in Spanish.
I have a table that contain 4 columns and rows.
I want to copy the last three columns from my ENG to my SPA. When I try to
do this, I paste over the 3 selected columns in my SPA and all hell breaks
loose. There is no paste special.

A suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Luke

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lukepw lukepw is offline

Thanks Peter.
"Do you want to replace 3 SPA cols. with the ENG cols., "

Yes, this is what I want to do but copying the 3 columns in the ENG and the
switching over to my SPA document, select the 3 SPA columns and then click
paste does not work. It pastes it but the first column to the left of the 3
SPA columns is moved partially in the first column of the table. Hope this
makes sense to you.
And yes, I did find the paste special.

Thanks,

Luke

On Apr 29, 9:17 am, lukepw wrote:
Hello,

Using Word 2007.

I have two identical documents, one in English and the other in Spanish.
I have a table that contain 4 columns and rows.
I want to copy the last three columns from my ENG to my SPA. When I try to
do this, I paste over the 3 selected columns in my SPA and all hell breaks
loose. There is no paste special.

A suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Luke

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think I understand what you're saying, but no, it doesn't make sense
to me!

Are these real Word tables, or are they columns made by tabbing?

Thanks Peter.