Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kmartinez kmartinez is offline

Default Add text to automatic page number so it shows up in TOC

Hello,

This is something that has been a problem for me at work for awhile. We have
large documents and use all the Heading styles up, but then we have pages
that need to be numbered "FO-1, FO-2" etc. and have that show up in the TOC
as the page number. Is there some way to add the "FO-" to the page number
field so it shows up in the TOC?

Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See the following page of fellow MVP Shauna Kelly's website:

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...ableOfContents

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"kmartinez" wrote in message
Hello,

This is something that has been a problem for me at work for awhile. We
have
large documents and use all the Heading styles up, but then we have pages
that need to be numbered "FO-1, FO-2" etc. and have that show up in the
TOC
as the page number. Is there some way to add the "FO-" to the page number
field so it shows up in the TOC?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kmartinez kmartinez is offline

Thank you for your suggestion, but that won't work on this problem. That site
suggested using Headings to automate the page numbers, but I have already
used all the available Heading levels.

What I want is a way to add "FO-" in the field the generates the page
number. I don't understand fields well enough to know how to do that.

Thanks for you help!

.