Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chris waller Chris waller is offline

Default Date Last Modified

I have created a Word (2002) document in which I have inserted a field which
picks up the document properties. I have inserted the date the document was
last modified, however, when I modify the document and save it, it does not
appear to automatically change the date/time. Can anyone let me know if this
date can be forced to automatically change if the document is modified? TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Note that if the field is in the header or footer, it will update when you open
the document.

To trigger an update of the field at any time, you can switch to Print preview
and then back to your favorite view.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP