Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Just Me Just Me is offline

Default I am trying to print an envelope and it comes out blank, why?

I am trying to print an envelope and it comes out blank, why?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Are you out of black ink?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"just me" just wrote in message
I am trying to print an envelope and it comes out blank, why?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Some printers e.g. Lexmark use a composite colour to create the black text
on envelopes. If there is a problem with the colour (as opposed to black)
printing the envelope may not print correctly. Check also the envelope
address paragraph style. Could it 'hidden'?

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
Are you out of black ink?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"just me" just wrote in message
I am trying to print an envelope and it comes out blank, why?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bigray bigray is offline

I have a friend who uses Word 2002 and after 7 years of problem free use,
envelopes no longer print any text. Interestingly, if the main document is
changed to landscape mode, the text of the envelope shows up. Unfortunately,
this requires the envelope to be placed horizontally in the printer and a
size 10 envelope is too wide to fit.

Web searches show that a number of people have this problem but so far I
haven't seen where anyone has identified the problem.

Any thoughts?

I am trying to print an envelope and it comes out blank, why?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If the thread you have belatedly posted into does not contain the solution,
then does the envelope print if you attempt to print on an A4 or US Letter
sized piece of paper? Chances are that the envelope orientation is wrong -
see http://www.gmayor.com/epson_envelope_orientation.htm (the problem goes
wider than Epson printers).