Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MaxArk[_25_] MaxArk[_25_] is offline

Default Coding Document Macro buttons

I have an Excel based coded application which integrates an Excel
database with a Word mail merge. The application is being developed with
users with limited computer experience and have a visual impairment. I
am trying to reduce the user's dependancy on existing Office toolbars
and taskbars, by replacing common options with buttons on the working
documents. Highly visible, and goof proof.

Here is my most recent challenge:

1. I wish to add three buttons to the documents produced by the mail
merge ... {PRINT}{SAVE}{RETURN TO EXCEL} (Excel is the launch pad of the
application). I assume I can use coded command buttons placed in the
main mail merge document to do this. But will they copy themselves to
the resulting merged document? Is this the most effective way of user
input?

2. Although these buttons will (hopefully) be functional on each newly
prepared document, I do not wish them to be printed with the document.
Can they be easily elimnated from printing?

3. How do I code leaving Word and returning to Excel, additionally,
hiding the document they had exited from?

Jenn

--
MaxArk
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See the article "Using MacroButton fields” at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...acroButton.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"MaxArk" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MaxArk[_26_] MaxArk[_26_] is offline

Doug Robbins - Word MVP;3724034 Wrote:
See the article "Using MacroButton fields” at:

Hope this helps.

Hello Doug,

I have tried to integrate the suggestion provided (through you) at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...roToButton.htm.

I am having difficulty. The feature provides macro execution with a
double click of the mouse. The only place in my document I can get away
with putting these "buttons" is in my header or footer. However, when I
double click on the macro button, the header/footer editting pops up. Am
I not able to use macrobuttons in header or footer?

And also ... will these buttons print with the document? No problem if
they don't, but if they do .. how can I prevent that?

Jenn

--
MaxArk

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Going back to your original message, a better option might be to make use of
a userform.

See the following page of Greg Maxey's website :

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and...a_UserForm.htm

without knowing more about your application, I cannot tell whether it would
be best to call such a form from Excel or from Word. On it however, you
could make big, boldly labeled buttons that should help alleviate the visual
impairment.