Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thanh Thanh is offline

Default Symbol Shortcut Key button greyed out

The Shortcut Key button in the Insert - Symbol - More Symbols is greyed -
out, how can I enable it. I am using Word 2007
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You need to select the character to which you want to assign a
shortcut in the grid of characters. (You can only assign shortcuts to
one character at a time.)

On May 5, 1:50*pm, Thanh wrote:
The Shortcut Key button in the Insert - Symbol - More Symbols is greyed -
out, how can I enable it. I am using Word 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thanh Thanh is offline

Thank you Peter,

Yes, I selected a character, but the Shortcut Key button is still greyed-out.

On May 5, 1:50 pm, Thanh wrote:
The Shortcut Key button in the Insert - Symbol - More Symbols is greyed -
out, how can I enable it. I am using Word 2007

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hmm. Does this happen only when you're in one particular file, or in
all files?

Maybe it's a corrupt file or an installation that needs repairing?

On May 5, 1:50 pm, Thanh wrote:
The Shortcut Key button in the Insert - Symbol - More Symbols is greyed -
out, how can I enable it. I am using Word 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Reinstalling or updating the printer driver might also be worth trying.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

On May 5, 1:50 pm, Thanh wrote:
The Shortcut Key button in the Insert - Symbol - More Symbols is greyed -
out, how can I enable it. I am using Word 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thanh Thanh is offline

Thank you Peter and Stefan,

User has multiple network printers, and I don't know if anyone else has the
same problem, the last resort is to delete his profile from the pc and
recreate it. While we are on the "corrupted file" subject could it be that
one of his office default settings, template is corrupted. Which one?

Thank you.

On May 5, 1:50 pm, Thanh wrote:
The Shortcut Key button in the Insert - Symbol - More Symbols is greyed -
out, how can I enable it. I am using Word 2007

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the problem occurs with (virtually) all documents in Word, the Normal
template might be corrupt. Rather than trying to fix it, you may want to exit
Word and then rename the template. To find normal.dotm, you can search for it in
Windows (be sure to search hidden files and folders).

But I'd try repairing Word/Office first and, perhaps more importantly, take a
look at the printer driver. See also
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm.

--
Stefan Blom