Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leslie Leslie is offline

Default How do I get docs to display in Details mode instead of idons?

When I open a folder in MS Word, in order to see the documents, I see a bunch
of icons. I want to see a Details view, which shows the name and date of each
document. And I don't need to see how much space it occupies. How do I set it
up to do this, instead of changing the view each time?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
broro183 broro183 is offline

hi Leslie,

You could try setting up the view as you want it & then pressing [ctrl
+ cancel]. I'm not sure if it will work for you, but if not, have a read
of some of the suggestions listed in this search:
'settings in file open dialogbox to show details - Google Search'
(http://tinyurl.com/32eoh6e)

Also to make it easier for people to help, can you please list which
version of Word, Office & which operating system you are running?

hth
Rob

--
broro183

Rob Brockett. Always learning & the best way to learn is to
experience...
broro183's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=333
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=201457

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JERRY JERRY is offline

Hi, Leslie,

It's been such a long time since you posted that you've probably found the
answer by now, but just in case you haven't, here's one way to do it.

Open a folder from your desktop (not from within Word). Set the folder to
display details. Across the top of the folder window, you should see a menu
item that says "Tools." Select "Folder Options," and then "View." Under
Folder Views, there should be an option button that says "Apply to All
Folders." Click it.

That should do the trick.

Jerry

"Leslie" wrote:

When I open a folder in MS Word, in order to see the documents, I see a bunch
of icons. I want to see a Details view, which shows the name and date of each
document. And I don't need to see how much space it occupies. How do I set it
up to do this, instead of changing the view each time?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That should do the trick _if_ s/he has the same version of Windows as
you (XP, perhaps?).

In Vista, it's under Organize Folder and Search Options View tab.