Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
milo19 milo19 is offline

Default Word 2007 Footnotes

Long footnotes that span over 2 pages seem to freeze up and then disappear
off the screen and the fix we've come up with is to close and reopen the
document. Is this a known problem in Word 2007 and how can this be fixed.
We have had many complaints about this problem.
--
Gina M
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you referring to footnotes within table cells? If so, then the answer is
yes. Depending on the depth of rows, footnotes may disappear off the page.
Avoid huge rows so that Word can find room for the footnotes on the page.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"milo19" wrote:

Long footnotes that span over 2 pages seem to freeze up and then disappear
off the screen and the fix we've come up with is to close and reopen the
document. Is this a known problem in Word 2007 and how can this be fixed.
We have had many complaints about this problem.
--
Gina M

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
milo19 milo19 is offline

No, I am not referring to footnotes within table cells. We are creating
multiple page documents with footnotes and many users are experience a
footnote freeze problem. The footnote becomes frozen where you cannot select
it and then disappears.
--
Gina M

"milo19" wrote:

Long footnotes that span over 2 pages seem to freeze up and then disappear
off the screen and the fix we've come up with is to close and reopen the
document. Is this a known problem in Word 2007 and how can this be fixed.
We have had many complaints about this problem.
--
Gina M

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Does this happen with a particular document only? If so, I suspect it is some
form of document corruption. Take a look at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"milo19" wrote:

Long footnotes that span over 2 pages seem to freeze up and then disappear
off the screen and the fix we've come up with is to close and reopen the
document. Is this a known problem in Word 2007 and how can this be fixed.
We have had many complaints about this problem.
--
Gina M

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
milo19 milo19 is offline

No, this has happened with many documents throughout our office. I don't
think it is a form of document corruption because it's not specific to one
document.

--
Gina M

"milo19" wrote:

Long footnotes that span over 2 pages seem to freeze up and then disappear
off the screen and the fix we've come up with is to close and reopen the
document. Is this a known problem in Word 2007 and how can this be fixed.
We have had many complaints about this problem.
--
Gina M

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you installed the most recent updates for Word 2007?

Note that the issue could still be corruption if the affected documents were all
created from the same template.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP