Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Amardeep Verma Amardeep Verma is offline

Default Paste Special Bitmap Image Option

I am preparing a word document which shows a series of steps to be performed
for a particular task. This document is going to consists of a series of
screen shots interspersed with text.
My question is that when i try to paste the screen shots, using paste
special, I get the following options
1) Bitmap Image Object
2) Picture (Windows Metafile)
3) Device Independent Bitmap.
All things being equal, which of these three options should i select
so that i get the least amount of document size. I don't want to bloat up
the document so that it crosses 10 MB.
I have turned off Auto Recover information saving and background
saves so as to keep the document file size to a bare minimum.

Currently the word document is of type RTF. RTF is being chosen
because this document is going to be shared with people who run open office
and other non Microsoft based office suites. I can shift to Word 97-2003,
doc format, if it can result in smaller file size but cannot use MS
Office 2007, DOCX format.

Any help in this regard would be appreciated.