Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dickie Dickie is offline

Default Microsoft Office Word Email

I resently purchased and intalled Microsoft Office Word (MOW) 2007. I'm not
sure what additional software I needed in order to send emails with MOW 2007.
Specifically, I can't access email addresses from any of my other email
websites to use in the MOW 2007 Mail Merge process.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As far as I know Word 2007 is the same as previous versions in these
respects, i.e. if you have Outlook 2007 there are a couple of built-in ways
to get addresses (starting from Outlook 2007 is generally best) but
otherwise, you have to export your addresses into a format Word can use
(unless you can do something like link an Access table to your address
book). As for merging to e-mail, the e-mail client has to be MAPI-compliant,
and for HTML merges, a specific MAPI interface is required that means that
in practice only Outlook does it. For non-HTML, Outlook Express works OK,
don't know about Windows Mail in Vista, some other e-mail clients work in
whole or in part depending on their MAPI support.

Peter Jamieson
"Dickie" wrote in message
I resently purchased and intalled Microsoft Office Word (MOW) 2007. I'm
not
sure what additional software I needed in order to send emails with MOW
2007.
Specifically, I can't access email addresses from any of my other email
websites to use in the MOW 2007 Mail Merge process.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert44 Robert44 is offline

just bopught new Dell with Vista and Home Office 2007 package, but can't send
e-mail using Word 2007 nothing seems to activate the setting. can send fax,
but e-mail is greyed out

"Dickie" wrote:

I resently purchased and intalled Microsoft Office Word (MOW) 2007. I'm not
sure what additional software I needed in order to send emails with MOW 2007.
Specifically, I can't access email addresses from any of my other email
websites to use in the MOW 2007 Mail Merge process.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hildac hildac is offline

Like others, the email mail merge doesn't seem to work!?!?! I'm using
Outlook so that's not an issue. My data list has correct email addresses.
The email body has the email field.

When I send it says that its done...but I don't have a 'sent' email in my
folder list nor does the recipient receive the email on their end.

Any thoughts would be appreicated. Thanks! -- Hilda

"Dickie" wrote:

I resently purchased and intalled Microsoft Office Word (MOW) 2007. I'm not
sure what additional software I needed in order to send emails with MOW 2007.
Specifically, I can't access email addresses from any of my other email
websites to use in the MOW 2007 Mail Merge process.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
799roger 799roger is offline

I am having the same problem, I have student and teacher office, I just cant
email from my vista platform, I have to revert to office 2003 to be able to
email seems quite silly to me, would welcome any ideas, Roger

"Dickie" wrote:

I resently purchased and intalled Microsoft Office Word (MOW) 2007. I'm not
sure what additional software I needed in order to send emails with MOW 2007.
Specifically, I can't access email addresses from any of my other email
websites to use in the MOW 2007 Mail Merge process.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Di Di is offline

I have the same problem, is there something that can be done to rectify this
problem?
--
Di, pampereddi

"Dickie" wrote:

I resently purchased and intalled Microsoft Office Word (MOW) 2007. I'm not
sure what additional software I needed in order to send emails with MOW 2007.
Specifically, I can't access email addresses from any of my other email
websites to use in the MOW 2007 Mail Merge process.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To execute a mail merge to email, the email addresses must be in the
datasource.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.