Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NASAPhoto NASAPhoto is offline

Default Page Numbering In Footer

I'm having a terrible time trying to keep my page numbering tracking properly
in my footer. I'm using a ton of continuous breaks because my document is in
a one- and two-column format.

For instance, my footers number properly from pages 1-26, then go to
24..25..31..321..33.

What is my problem and how can I fix.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The page number is most likely being restarted in some of the continuous
sections. You could temporarily insert manual page breaks, so that you can see
all headers and footers, and then use the Page Number Format dialog box to set
numbering to "Continue from previous section."

To display the dialog box, first activate the header and footer area (for
example by double-clicking the header); then click the Format Page Number button
on the Header and Footer toolbar (Word 97-2003) or click Header & Footer Tools
Design tab | Page Number | Format Page Numbers (Word 2007).

Alternatively, use a macro to quickly set the required option for all sections:

Sub ContPageNumbering()
Dim s As Section
For Each s In ActiveDocument.Sections
s.Headers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary).PageNumbers. _
RestartNumberingAtSection = False
Next s
End Sub

For assistance with the macro, see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.