Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hopeless Hopeless is offline

Default Getting text to read bottom to top

Good afternoon. I have text in a text box that I'd like to read from
bottom-to-top rather than left-to-right. I can rotate the text box, but the
text itself isn't rotating.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Click the Text Direction button (in Word 2003 or earlier it's on the Text
Box toolbar; in Word 2007/2010 it's on the Text Box Tools ribbon). The first
click changes the direction to top-to-bottom and the second click changes it
to bottom-to-top. A third click will return it to left-to-right.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Hopeless wrote:
Good afternoon. I have text in a text box that I'd like to read from
bottom-to-top rather than left-to-right. I can rotate the text box,
but the text itself isn't rotating.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JERRY JERRY is offline

Try doing it in a table instead of a text box. It's easy to rotate the text
in a table.

If you're using Word 2007, the Text Direction icon is on the Table Tools -
Layout ribbon. In 2003 and earlier, it's under Table - Properties.