EDelport

Default can the same word in a document be highlighted simultaneously?

I need to know whether and how I can highlight the same word simultaneously
in one document, i.e. selecting the specific word once and then highlighting
all of them throughout at once. I use Windows XP Home Edition
Melissa

To better answer your question, what would be the purpose for that? Do you
want to change that word to another word?

"EDelport" wrote:

I need to know whether and how I can highlight the same word simultaneously
in one document, i.e. selecting the specific word once and then highlighting
all of them throughout at once. I use Windows XP Home Edition

Daiya Mitchell

What version of Word?

Try Edit | Find, there should be a checkbox for "highlight all items found".
That will select them, as though you have selected them with the cursor. May
not be available in older versions.

If by highlight, you meant "format with color", then use Find and Replace to
find the word and replace it with itself formatting. Enter the word in both
the Find and Replace boxes, then with the cursor in the Replace box click on
More, then Format, and use that menu to format the Replace box as you like.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

CyberTaz

Another variation on Daiya's reply that I find a bit simpler;

EditFind for whatever the word is with a check in the box to 'Highlight all
items found in:' Main Document, then just close the Find dialog box and use
the Highlight Tool on the Formatting Toolbar to apply whatever highlight
color you wish. In fact, if you need to repeat the process for other
selections you don't even have to close the Find dialog box. Just type a new
selection, click Find All & set the color with the highlight tool.

Regards |:)

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rick[_3_] Rick[_3_] is offline

This is helpful thanks. Do you know of a way to highlight 5 different words
at the same time in the Find box, I tried "or" commas, and quotes and it did
not work. Or is there a way to set up a macro to select 5 words and
highlight them?