Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laura Laura is offline

Default Print Preview reverses changes

I am working in a very long Word 2007 document, in Track Changes mode.
Changes have been made, and I have clicked "Accept All Changes in Document",
which clears the bar to the right that shows changes and comments. I save the
document. All is good. However, when I click Print Preview so I can see how
it will look, the bar to the right is back, with changes showing -- changes I
have already "accepted" previously; and then, when I close Print Preview to
accepted. I suspect it is due to the Table of Contents and Cross-References
changes, but am not sure. I have never had Word do this before, and fear that
my file is corrupted. (By the way, headers and footers are also not behaving
as they should, even though I seem to be following proper procedures to the
letter.) Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks for any help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You missed a step. Before you accept all the changes, *turn off Track
Changes mode*. If you fail to do that, then going to Print Preview
will update the TOC and cross-references, and those updates will
become new tracked changes.

Without more specific details than "headers and footers are also not
behaving as they should" it's impossible to diagnose whether that's
related or a separate problem.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman