Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Herkdrvr Herkdrvr is offline

Default Captions and Citations won't format differently on same line.

Sir/Ma'am,

Here's my issue:

I have several figures in my document, which I have captioned using the
"caption" command. Additionally, I have given the source for the caption as
well.

For instance: "Figure 1: Elm Tree (Jones, 2007)."

I have created a Table of Figures, and the table of figures views the
citation as part of the caption. When I try to select the citation and
change it to normal text style (so the table of figures won't recognize it as
captioned text) it will not let me change it if it is on the same line.

My style book requires the figure/source on the same line, but the table of
figures should only have the figure name, not the citation.

I realize I can edit this after the fact, but if I could eliminate it from
the beginning, that would be ideal.

Any thoughts/help appreciated.

Regards,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

After the word Tree, press the space bar and then press Enter and select the
end of paragraph mark and using the Format Font dialog, set it as hidden.
When the display (and printing) of hidden text is not activated, the
citation will appear on the same line as the caption, but will not be
included in the Table of Figures.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.