Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
adlerdm adlerdm is offline

Default Read-Only Recommended

Is it possible to set a document as Read-Only Recommended in Office 2007? It
was pretty easy to do so in 2003 but I cannot find the option in 2007.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
trip_to_tokyo[_2_] trip_to_tokyo[_2_] is offline

On May 17, 5:49*pm, adlerdm wrote:
Is it possible to set a document as Read-Only Recommended in Office 2007? *It
was pretty easy to do so in 2003 but I cannot find the option in 2007.

WORD 2007

1. Review / Protect group / click on on Protect Document / the Restict
Formatting and Editing Task Pane should open on the right hand side.

2. In:-

2. Editing restrictions

- place a tick (check) in the Allow only this type of editing in the
document: field and then select No changes (Read only) from the drop
down list

3. In:-

3. Start enforcement

- section click on the, Yes, Start Enforcing Protection button.

4. The Start Enforcing Protection window should launch.

Enter the password once in the first field then repeat it in the
second field and hit OK.

5. Save and close the file.

TO TEST THAT THE ABOVE HAS WORKED

6. Re-open the file and try to make some changes to it. You will not
be able to do so.