Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jim Jim is offline

Default Office 2007 changes

I've been using Office since 1994 and most would consider me a power user. I
upgraded to 2007 in December. At first I was put-off and bewildered by all
the changes to the user interface, but I decided to give time to "sink in."
After spending 5 hours today trying to get my Word styles templates the way I
wanted them (without success), I'm no longer bewildered; I'm mad, frustrated
and confused. I can't identify anything about the new interface that is an
improvement over 2003. Maybe for the casual user that doesn't try to do
anything complex, this interface is OK. What was broken in 2003 that this
version fixed? What does Microsoft have against menus? I always considered
Office to be the best product that Microsoft sold. Not now. And what make is
even worse, I really have no other options.