Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.word.programming,microsoft.public.word.vba.general,microsoft.public.word.vba.userforms
David Horowitz David Horowitz is offline

Default ActiveX Form Controls preventing Field Updating

Hi folks. Has anyone seen this problem or know a solution?
1. Hit F9.
2. Type the following field code:
{ TIME \@ "hh:mm:ss" }
3. Save the document (if in Word 2007, save it in the 97-2003 format).
4. Close the document.
5. Re-open the document.
6. Notice the time has correctly updated.
7. Do it again if you want (steps 4 & 5) - the time keeps updating, as it
should. So far, so good.
8. Now select View Toolbars Control Toolbox (in Word 2003) or Developer
tab Controls group Legacy Tools button ActiveX Controls Check Box
(in Word 2007). You will see Checkbox1.
9. Save the changes.
10 . Close the document.
11. Re-open the document.
12. The time field is now frozen and will only update if I hit F9.
Is this a known bug? Is there any workaround without coding a macro that
would call Field.Update?
(Incidentally, I'm in Print Layout mode. I do NOT have "Update Fields when
printing" options set.)
TIA,
David
--