Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bsha bsha is offline

Default Frames

In my Word 2003, whenever I insert a text box or graphic, a frame
automatically appears. I can delete the frame and then I am allowed to
proceed with the insert of the graphic or text box. Is there a setting I can
change somewhere so that frames will not appear unless I specifically want
one - so that the frame will not automatically inserted?
--
BSHA Girl
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Part of the problem is the terminology -- in Word, a "frame" is
something completely different. The thing you're seeing is called a
"drawing canvas".

Yes, there is an option in Tools Options General. Uncheck the box
for "Automatically create drawing canvas when inserting AutoShapes".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Frames? pjhennessy Microsoft Word Help 2 March 23rd 09 10:07 PM
How do I get rid of the frames? lexaservices New Users 1 April 29th 08 10:32 AM
Frames Just Mike Microsoft Word Help 3 April 10th 08 10:47 AM
frames martin Microsoft Word Help 3 July 10th 06 10:11 AM
I need help with frames Hans L Page Layout 5 February 19th 06 04:29 AM