Pennimus Pennimus is offline
Junior Member

Default Inline Images Floating BEHIND Text

I've recently created a document template that has the most bizarre formatting error I've ever seen. When inserting images (or any other objects for that matter) they are sliding up *behind* whatever text is above the image - even though they are inline by default (and I've quadruple checked this).

Because it happens with other objects too, I assume this is a problem with the paragraph formatting rather than the image, but can't identify anything in my styling that would cause this problem.

Has anyone seen this behaviour before, and doen anyone know a fix? I've attached a screenshot of the problem (can't attach an actual file as the size limit is too small). Note that the image is mostly behind the text (and off the top of the page, for that matter).

Thanks for your help
Attached Images

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Your inline graphic appears to be in a paragraph with Exact line spacing
inadequate for the picture height.

http://word.mvps.org

"Pennimus" wrote in message

I've recently created a document template that has the most bizarre
formatting error I've ever seen. When inserting images (or any other
objects for that matter) they are sliding up *behind* whatever text is
above the image - even though they are inline by default (and I've
quadruple checked this).

Because it happens with other objects too, I assume this is a problem
with the paragraph formatting rather than the image, but can't identify
anything in my styling that would cause this problem.

Has anyone seen this behaviour before, and doen anyone know a fix?
I've attached a screenshot of the problem (can't attach an actual file
as the size limit is too small). Note that the image is mostly behind
the text (and off the top of the page, for that matter).

Thanks for your help

|Filename: InlineImageProblem.gif |
|Download: http://www.wordbanter.com/attachment...ttachmentid=94 |

Pennimus

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
garfield-n-odie garfield-n-odie is offline

My guess is that the paragraph containing the inline image is
formatted with "exact" line spacing instead of "single" line
spacing.