Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
unclealfie unclealfie is offline

Default who do lists in word not keep indents consistent?

In a numbered list, I keep encountering random changes in indent settings
part of the way through a document. For example, if I have a) as the fifth
level set with indents at 2.0 and 2.25 at the outset, for no apparent reason,
in the middle of the document, word will suddenly start indenting level a) at
2.5 and 2.75.
I've spend hours fiddling with this, to no avail. It really destroys the
format of an outlined list when the same level is indented at random points
throughout the document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

To set up the numbering in your documents properly, see the following page
of fellow MVP Shauna Kelly's website:

How to create numbered headings or outline numbering in your Microsoft Word
document

http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html

If you create a template to hold your numbering scheme, you can use that
template as the basis for new documents (using File New) and the new
documents will then inherit your numbering scheme. To do that, see:

Creating a Template - The Basics (Part I)
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...platePart1.htm

Creating a Template (Part II)
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

--