Bud Kerr Bud Kerr is offline
Junior Member

Location: Durango, Colorado
Default Template Prompts

I have recently started using MS Office in my business having used Corel WordPerfect for years. Using word MS Word, when creating a template, is there a way to be prompted to fill in a name or other data and have that name populated in many places or pages in a document?
Example: I own a mobile home park. When a new tenant moves, in I need to create a lease agreement. In the lease agreement, there may need to be a name, date, space number or some other data put on some of the pages. How can I just type the name one time and have it inserted where needed?

In WordPerfect, while creating a template, there was a "Prompts" command in which you could create the various data information. When you opened the template (lease agreement template) a box would open asking for whatever data necessary such as name, address and so on and that data would be inserted wherever needed. I am sure Word has such a function but I have not been able to figure it out.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.