Firas Firas is offline
Junior Member

Default Justify problem in Microsoft Word, help !

hello everyone,
i am having an issue in a document i typed, when i try to justify the document, i select all and click justify, the images and tables changes, the images became with their caption instead of being in the middle, they go the left and the tables changes their text alignment, so please help me solve this issue ?

thank you in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Don't "Select All." Either modify the Paragraph Style(s) you used for your
text to have justification, or else select only the paragraphs that you want
justified.

On Tuesday, August 2, 2016 at 3:31:06 PM UTC-4, Firas wrote:

i am having an issue in a document i typed, when i try to justify the
document, i select all and click justify, the images and tables changes,
the images became with their caption instead of being in the middle,
they go the left and the tables changes their text alignment, so please
help me solve this issue ?

thank you in advance

You will be welcome.
Firas Firas is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter T. Daniels View Post
Don't "Select All." Either modify the Paragraph Style(s) you used for your
text to have justification, or else select only the paragraphs that you want
justified.

On Tuesday, August 2, 2016 at 3:31:06 PM UTC-4, Firas wrote:

i am having an issue in a document i typed, when i try to justify the
document, i select all and click justify, the images and tables changes,
the images became with their caption instead of being in the middle,
they go the left and the tables changes their text alignment, so please
help me solve this issue ?

thank you in advance

You will be welcome.
hello Peter,
i am sorry for my late reply but i did not get any notification on my email
thank you for your reply first of all|
about the select, i am now selecting just the paragraphs i want to justify one by one in all my document but when i save it and convert it to pdf things stay unjustified ! any idea why is that happening ?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

DON'T do it paragraph-by-paragraph by clicking "Justify."

Change the Paragraph Style -- for instance "Normal" -- to Justified.

Since you want only some paragraphs to be justified, you'll create a new
Paragraph Style that maybe will be exactly the same as Normal except it
will be justified. Then apply that style to each paragraph you want justified.

I don't know why you'd expect an email notification; this is a newsgroup.

-