Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] admin@farmenergyconsulting.co.uk is offline

Default Caption numbers with chapter number

I realise that this has been asked before, and I see the instructions on how to set up heading styles and multi-level lists. I think I have done this correctly as my contents page correctly shows the 3 levels of headings. However the figures and tables captions do not find the heading number, so they are numbered eg Figure 0-1 etc.
In most of my documents it works but not this one.
I wonder is there is any way to solve the problem in this report?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When you're in a table or select a picture and choose Insert Caption,
a panel opens up with the built-in preference showing. It has a
button "Numbering," and that lets you either type in a static prefix
for the number, or else choose a heading style for it to take the
prefix-number from.

I guess you have to set up your Multi-Level List first, but there
shouldn't be any interference from one to the other.